Thank you, Lisa Lancaster lisalancaster.wordpress.com, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I had read about the award on other blogs, but I hadn’t expected anyone to nominate me. So, I really appreciate it. 🙂 I enjoy reading your posts. You have a great writing voice. (It may sound like I’m just being a kissy-face, but I really mean it.)
All righty! Time to get down to business!
My favorite blog: I’d have to say it’s A Momma’s View ( amommasview.wordpress.com ). Her blog is always interesting, uplifting, and insightful. I especially like her Tell Me Something Good posts, where you tell her something good that is happening in your life. I was actually going to nominate her for the Liebster Award, but then I discovered that she has over a thousand followers. Which is totally awesome for her! 😀
The updated rules for the 2016 award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post on your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why this blog is your favorite and provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers for this award.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for their blogs.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
My Ten Random Facts are:
- I’ve worked at a skin and hair clinic, a dental office, a transcription company, and the Radiology department in a hospital.
- I love taking pictures of crazy random things. My sister calls them my “taking pictures of dirt” pictures.
- I hate being in pictures. I just don’t think I photograph well.
- I have way too many music CDs.They range from Gregorian chant to pop music to Broadway to random piano music and more.
- I like the Camelot movie soundtrack more than the Broadway one with Julie Andrews. I also really like the 2004 Phantom of the Opera movie soundtrack.
- I love buying new dishes and fancy plastic cups.
- If I couldn’t eat/drink dairy anymore, I would be very sad.
- I have a purse that I bought from Meijers. It was a little more expensive than what I normally pay for purses, but it has lasted crazy long. It’s a sad degraded wreck, but it still works. So, even though my Mom thinks I should totally replace it, I just can’t. I told her that I’ll replace it when the middle zipper stops working.
- I love cooking shows on the Food Network. Especially Chopped.
- I can’t wear perfume. It makes my head feel weird and clogged up – like someone stuffed a dry washcloth inside my forehead. So, I compensate by wearing Bath and Body Works lotions, which don’t bother me at all.
My five nominations are:
The Answers to Lisa’s Questions:
- Who is your favorite author? Why? That’s an easy one: John Bellairs. I love his style of writing (goofy humor + mystery + creepy ooky monsters) and I love the fact that he had positive Catholic elements/characters in his books.
- If you were a character in any book who would you be? Oh, that’s a hard one. Book characters always have such complicated lives (by necessity, of course), they wind up complicating the lives of everyone around them. Hmm. I could be flippant and say an independent Entwife off on her own adventures. 😆 Would that count?
- What do you do when you think no one is looking? I quietly sing along to my favorite CDs. When I’m working the 3p-11p shift at my work, I’m alone at the front desk. So, I blast my music and write my stories (when no one is looking). 🙂
- If you only had $10 left. What would you spend it on? Ooo. Ten dollars…Mmm. A bag of Reeses peanut butter cups and a bottle of Dasani. Yep.
- Electronic books or paper books? Paper books. Although, I do see the advantage of electronic books. But my inner fuddy-duddy will always prefer paper books. There’s a weird sort of magic about them that e-books can’t duplicate.
- One word that describes you? Soft-spoken. It’s a hyphenated word. So, it counts. 😆
- One word someone else might use to describe you? Sweet. (I’ve actually had patients at my work call me this.)
- If you weren’t blogging right now, what would you be doing? Working on one or two of my off-line stories.
- Who would you want to write a book about your life? Hmm, if it could be anyone living or dead, I’d say L.M. Montgomery or Diana Wynne Jones. Too bad they’re both dead. 😦
- What animal would you like to be? I’d love to be a cat. Seems horribly stereotypical and easy, but it’s true. Cats are awesome little creatures. If they believe that they can make a jump, they will go for it without any fear.
- What gets you up in the morning? My mental alarm clock. And the thought of checking for comments on my blog. 🙂
My 11 questions for my nominees (Sorry if they’re incredibly random):
- Kittens or puppies or other (I don’t know. Like fox kits or something else?)?
- Is there anything you would never write about?
- Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind?
- Do you ever outline your stories or do you just go with the story’s flow?
- If someone gave you a hippopotamus for Christmas, what would you do? And if you decide to keep it, what would you do with it?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- Have you ever read a book that made you irritated with its lack of logic and/or its incredibly stupid characters?
- Have you ever found yourself laughing out loud as you’re writing?
- Jelly beans or gummy worms?
- If someone gave you 10,000 dollars in a grocery bag, what would you do? And, if you decide to keep it, what would you do with it?